Lead Software Engineer
No one wants to feel like just another number—especially when they need help with an urgent issue at work.
But, in a world where we can connect with family, friends, our favorite brands, and sometimes even celebrities on-demand, most service providers still ask users to drop what they’re doing, look for contact information, and choose one of two support options: bad, or worse. Either call a 1-800 number and sit on hold, or email email@example.com and wait for a reply.
At best, the user’s real-time request for help turns into [Ticket: #####] in the queue; and, in an industry where service is the product, the provider signals quite clearly which customer will always matter most: “Next in line.”
At Thread, we’re on a mission to help IT service providers turn users’ worst workdays into moments of magic. We’re a VC-backed startup built by high-performance technologists with fundamental passion for service. Our heroes are people who feel most alive when doing what they’re great at in service of other people*.* We believe every thread is a call to adventure, and nothing delights us more than helping our partners deliver delightful service experiences that brighten user journeys.
The future of B2B service delivery is collaborative. Join us in shaping it.
As a Lead Software Engineer at Thread, you will collaborate with highly skilled engineers to deliver an exceptional end-to-end experience for our partners and customers. You will play a crucial role in making critical decisions regarding the architecture, design, and performance of our software.
Additionally, you will have ample opportunity to engage in hands-on work, writing clean, reusable, and testable code alongside the rest of the engineering team.
What you should have:
- Proven experience (7+ years) in software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technology field
- Track record of leading successful engineering teams, with the ability to mentor, inspire, and guide team members
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a knack for tackling complex technical challenges
- Proficiency in working with both relational and non-relational databases
- Demonstrated experience in developing clean and well-tested code
- Familiarity with unit tests, integration tests, and other forms of automated testing
- Knowledge of production monitoring processes and tools
- Experience in agile, fast-paced work environments
- Experience in designing and leading software projects
- Excellent skills in listening, communication, evaluation, problem-solving, multitasking, and prioritization within a high-pressure, mission-critical, and rewarding team environment
What you will be responsible for:
- Lead and mentor a team of skilled software engineers, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented environment
- Drive the end-to-end software development lifecycle, from design to deployment, ensuring high-quality, scalable, and efficient code
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers and designers, to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Champion best practices in coding, architecture, and development methodologies to maintain and elevate our engineering standards
- Evaluate emerging technologies and tools, recommending those that align with our technical vision and goals
We would be delighted to see
- Experience in working with large-scale real-time technologies (Redis, Kafka, GraphQL)
- Proficiency in distributed systems
- Familiarity with AWS or other Cloud Services
- Expertise in modern web frameworks and languages; our current stack includes PHP (Laravel), Golang, and NodeJS (NestJS)
To apply, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Thread.
Thread is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create an environment where every team member at Thread feels like they belong so they can have a greater impact on our business and customers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.