Sales Development Representative
No one wants to feel like just another number—especially when they need help with an urgent issue at work.
But, in a world where we can connect with family, friends, our favorite brands, and sometimes even celebrities on-demand, most service providers still ask users to drop what they’re doing, look for contact information, and choose one of two support options: bad, or worse. Either call a 1-800 number and sit on hold, or email email@example.com and wait for a reply.
At best, the user’s real-time request for help turns into [Ticket: #####] in the queue; and, in an industry where service is the product, the provider signals quite clearly which customer will always matter most: “Next in line.”
At Thread, we’re on a mission to help IT service providers turn users’ worst workdays into moments of magic. We’re a VC-backed startup built by high-performance technologists with fundamental passion for service. Our heroes are people who feel most alive when doing what they’re great at in service of other people. We believe every thread is a call to adventure, and nothing delights us more than helping our partners deliver delightful service experiences that brighten user journeys.
The future of B2B service delivery is collaborative. Join us in shaping it.
At Thread, we are on a mission to revolutionize the managed IT services industry by enabling service magic for managed IT service providers (MSPs) and their clients.
Thread is looking for a full-time Sales Development Representative. This person will reach out to prospective customers and evangelize Thread's service experience platform, To be successful in this role, you will be continuously meeting and communicating with new people and sharing about Thread. You’ll be scheduling meetings for them to learn about Service Magic that Thread provides. This position requires (and provides) travel to industry function for various periods of time.
What you’ll do:
- This position is quota carrying
Call and email prospective customers; 60+ calls per day expected
Work to qualify marketing leads and respond to day-to-day inquiries generated from marketing
- Teach prospects the benefits of Thread (training will be provided)
- Conduct Pre/Post-sale activities; setup and attendance at tradeshows and in-person events
- Identify customers need and share how Thread can assist them
- Communicate with co-workers through e-mail, Slack and/or verbally
- Adapt to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
Who you are
- You are an innovator, collaborator and life-long learner
- You are radical, intentional, and customer-crazy
- You are great at time management & multitasking
- You have a bias for action and seek novel ways to improve your surroundings
- You approach challenges with an open mind and are willing to experiment, fail fast, learn and iterate
What you should have:
- Any Managed Service Provider experience and or MSP channel products is a plus
- Previous experience working for, or selling to IT Managed Services Providers (MSP) is a plus
- Strong in-person and on-screen presentation skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with HubSpot is nice but not mandatory
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to travel
To apply, please submit your resume highlighting your relevant experience via the form below.
Thread is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create an environment where every team member at Thread feels like they belong so they can have a greater impact on our business and customers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.