Head of Marketing
No one wants to feel like just another number—especially when they need help with an urgent issue at work.
But, in a world where we can connect with family, friends, our favorite brands, and sometimes even celebrities on-demand, most service providers still ask users to drop what they’re doing, look for contact information, and choose one of two support options: bad, or worse. Either call a 1-800 number and sit on hold, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and wait for a reply.
At best, the user’s real-time request for help turns into [Ticket: #####] in the queue; and, in an industry where service is the product, the provider signals quite clearly which customer will always matter most: “Next in line.”
At Thread, we’re on a mission to help IT service providers turn users’ worst workdays into moments of magic. We’re a VC-backed startup built by high-performance technologists with fundamental passion for service. Our heroes are people who feel most alive when doing what they’re great at in service of other people*.* We believe every thread is a call to adventure, and nothing delights us more than helping our partners deliver delightful service experiences that brighten user journeys.
The future of B2B service delivery is collaborative. Join us in shaping it.
If you are a strategic marketer with a passion for innovation and want to be a big part of a dynamic team shaping the future of service, we want to hear from you!
Thread is looking for a Head of Marketing to join our team. As employee number one in our marketing organization, you will have the opportunity to not only shape our GTM strategy but also the company itself: who we are, how we work, and who we work with.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the executive team and have ownership of all marketing initiatives and numbers.
- Refine marketing strategy to support business objectives and further our mission.
- Analyze impact of marketing initiatives and share learnings with the leadership team and at the board level.
- Regularly communicate status, projected performance, KPIs and ROI to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with growth and success teams; continuously improve messaging and positioning based on their insights and support growth and expansion targets
- Work closely with product, design and engineering on core product needs, product performance growth, and priorities aligned to customer insights and business cases
- Refine and expand marketing capabilities across mediums (SEO, SEM, content, podcasts, webinars, email, PR, and social channels)
- Own industry event strategy, including ideation, sponsorship negotiation, logistics/coordination and on-site execution, using events as opportunity to generate leads and word-of-mouth interest by creating unique and memorable experiences
- Elevate our brand and help to create a highly-engaged community of MSPs
- Build a highly-performant marketing team as we grow
Who you are
- You are an innovator, collaborator and life-long learner
- You have a thoughtful, value-centered growth vs. “grow at all costs” mindset
- You are a customer-obsessed storyteller
- You love to work closely with a cross-functional team to build Go-To-Market (GTM) strategies for new products and features
- You know your way around Google Analytics, leading digital ads platforms, Hubspot, Google Search Console, and other tools in the marketing stack.
What you should have:
- 7+ years of B2B marketing experience with prior experience in leadership roles
- You have a bias for action and seek novel ways to improve and grow programs. You approach challenges with an open mind and are willing to experiment, fail fast, learn and iterate.
- Track record of leading product marketing and brand management/marketing initiatives with business impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Startup experience required; B2B SaaS preferred
To apply, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Thread.
Thread is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create an environment where every team member at Thread feels like they belong so they can have a greater impact on our business and customers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.