No one wants to feel like just another number—especially when they need help with an urgent issue at work.
But, in a world where we can connect with family, friends, our favorite brands, and sometimes even celebrities on-demand, most service providers still ask users to drop what they’re doing, look for contact information, and choose one of two support options: bad, or worse. Either call a 1-800 number and sit on hold, or email email@example.com and wait for a reply.
At best, the user’s real-time request for help turns into [Ticket: #####] in the queue; and, in an industry where service is the product, the provider signals quite clearly which customer will always matter most: “Next in line.”
At Thread, we’re on a mission to help IT service providers turn users’ worst workdays into moments of magic. We’re a VC-backed startup built by high-performance technologists with fundamental passion for service. Our heroes are people who feel most alive when doing what they’re great at in service of other people*.* We believe every thread is a call to adventure, and nothing delights us more than helping our partners deliver delightful service experiences that brighten user journeys.
The future of B2B service delivery is collaborative. Join us in shaping it.
Have you been a part of a startup rocket ship before? If so, you probably miss those days. Come do it again at Thread!
The Account Executive role is a key member of our Revenue team, responsible for sourcing, qualifying, closing, and later upselling both inbound and outbound leads. An average day will be a mix of client-facing demos in our Service Collaboration platform, responding to prospective clients on email, phone, and chat, researching and reaching out to prospective clients, and helping to document and iterate on our sales process. You will help shape the our sales organization by helping to define the sales process through learnings from working with prospects and customers.
This role is a great opportunity to grow your career in a fast-growing industry at an exciting and dynamic startup.
What you'll do:
- Conducting proactive outreach to outbound target accounts
- Attending targeted events to find new leads
- Qualifying leads by understanding and consulting with them on their MSP business model
- Conduct product demos to prospective companies interested in Thread
- Closing inbound and outbound opportunities
- Answer inquiries from prospective clients and providing support up to and during onboarding with Client Success
- Work closely with the marketing and product teams to identify and capitalize on market opportunities
- Participate in the development and implementation of sales processes, policies, and programs
- Provide regular reporting on sales activity and progress towards goals
Who you are:
- +2 years of sales experience in selling software to IT Managed Service Providers
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding quota
- You want to join a startup in the stage where you will have direct impact
- Strong ability to move fast and get things done as an independent contributor
- Active listener who can identify opportunities and leverage them
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with clients and colleagues. Proficiency in influencing, presenting effective business proposals and guiding decision-making.
- Tenacity and determination to overcome objections, learn from setbacks and achieve goals in a competitive environment
- You have a strong focus on customer success, both during the initial sale and post-sale
Nice to have:
- Social media presence and willingness to promote Thread content
- Data analysis experience
Thread is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create an environment where every team member at Thread feels like they belong so they can have a greater impact on our business and customers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.